Camp Dates for 2017
Camp Horizon Oncology
June 17 – 24, 2017
Camp Horizon SIBS
June 24 – July 1, 2017
Eligibility requirements for Camp Counselor:
- Over the age of 18 if you have never been a camper at Camp Horizon or 21 if you have been a camper.
- Physical capable to spend a week chasing kids around pretty much nonstop.
- Able to have a lot of fun shoved into one week.
Eligibility requirements for Counselor-In-Training Position:
- Have been a camper or CIT at Camp Horizon in the past
- Between the ages of 17.99 and 21 years old or completed your first year of College.
- must have a willing attitude and be ready to work hard as a staff member
- must want to encourage the fun of Camp Horizon for the campers.
You are more than welcome to be a staff member at either or both weeks of camp. Please fill out both online applications but only send in one medical form and other supplemental information. Counselor in training positions are a first come first serve basis, but preference will be given to former campers of each camp respectively. (e.g. a former Oncology camper will not get a SIBS CIT spot over a former SIBS camper and the other way around as well) Beyond the Horizon reserves the right to deny a staff position based on a prior criminal history. This is a children’s camp and therefore we must protect the children at all cost.
Medical Staff, Counselors, and Counselors-in-training follow these steps.
- Fill out the online Volunteer Application
- Print, fill out and email Volunteer Health Form
- Download, fill out, sign, and return this background check form FCRA Authorization
- Revised Summary of Your Rights – Nov 2012
Please either scan and email or photocopy and mail the following to us
- Photocopy of Health Insurance (front & back)
- Photocopy of Driver’s License (front & back)
- Photocopy of Medical/Nursing License (front & back) – if applicable
- Photocopy of Medical Liability Insurance (front & back) – if applicable
- Photocopy of CPR, PALS, First Aid, or other certifications (front & back) – if applicable
All new staff will be interviewed by one of the board members.
Please mail all forms to:
Beyond the Horizon Corporation
Attn: Camp Horizon
402 Dahlia Dr
Brentwood, TN 37027